Thursday, August 13, 2009

Megatron Backpack from SAGLIFE


I was on the Chari & Co blog and I saw this post for the new Megatron 2 backpack, apparently co-designed with John Igei of FTC

I really like the "ride to the skate-spot" idea. Being in the city the easiest way to get to a skate spot is by bike, and it's sort of a pain dealing with bringing your skateboard around, and although this backpack doesn't have anything really different compared to average backpack/skateboard holders, it does have a unique method for carrying weird items.

The straps unbuckle in a few places to carry strange objects on the backpack such as Snowboard boots, Rollerblades (if you're into that kind of thing), bike frames, wheels etc... I have a similar strap system on the bag I ride with and it's been helpful for carrying all sorts of random awkward sized items, but it always requires a little bit more than just my two skate straps. The Megatron's straps seem to really be a new versatile carrying system that I would love to try out.




btw, I noticed Wes Bell on FTC's site. He used to skate for the shop I worked at, Eastcoast Boardco. in VA. He's a sick skater and i'm glad to see he's still keeping it up. Proud to say he skated a few of the decks I made for eastcoast...

No comments: